Friday, February 08, 2008

Hong Kong Trip Dec 2007

Hong Kong Trip - Dec 24-26

Upon arriving in Hong Kong, it was around 7am-ish...I was totally wiped out from the 10 hour plus flight and was knocked out by the time the bus took us to our hotel.

The view from the Regal Kowloon, where we stayed.
They really should clean the windows sometime soon

After 20 mins to freshen up, it was time to hit the shopping malls. And shop we did. The sales people were like: "You mean you just flew in??? and now you're shopping?"

Heck, we only had 3 days in HK, I was intent on buying everything in sight :P
After being deprived of liberal spending for a year in Auckland, this was indeed
RETAIL THERAPY

When we FINALLY
emerged from the shops, it was night and dark:


The billboards in Hong Kong City


Christmas lights and Decorations at The Peninsula

Stopping for a night time pic in the streets of HK

As it was CHRISTMAS EVE, there was obviously the mandatory countdown to CHRISTMAS. Cool, if you like crowds, but coming from Auckland, where big crowds are a rarity, it was nerve wracking O.o

Look at the amount of people behind!!!


The next day, we made our way up to The Peak

More Christmas decorations (snow globes were real cute)

The view from The Peak

I love how the skyline is made up by mostly tall buildings and everything being clustered together, definitely a change from what I'm used to and similar to what I grew up with, i.e. KL

What can I say? Will always be a KL girl at heart...

Posing with my sis

Was really funny, because, whilst we took this pic, this guy was standing there advertising his photography skills, he insisted that everyone should have a pic taken professionally.

LOL his ultimate selling phrase:

1. "I take picture, you no like, never mind, no need pay"
2. (whilst waiting to take the picture) "ex-a-cuse me, sir, fi-a-ve minutes" *he was attempting to shoo away a tourist who obliviously ignored him and continued shooting pics of the view*
3. (whilst taking the picture) *singing voice* "see my lens, oh, see my lens (high pitched voice)"

We did cave in and spent HK$100 on a photo... lol a FAMILY POTRAIT as my sis puts it...
AND you could even photoshop it so the background was of the city at night and only for an additional HK$50! (we didn't do that, heck I realised that I could have just stood at the studio and still have the same pic of us at the Peak...)

ANYWAYS...

ON TO THE WAX MUSEUM :p
ALOT, ALOT of cam-whoring with wax figures...

Leon Lai

"and when I'm president..."

This is probably the closest I will ever get to Jay in this lifetime, sadly enough...

"Her ROYAL Highness"


Nelson Mandela


Mahatma Gandhi :O


cool potrait


Winter Sonata dude...*cant seem to rotate the photo* but he's def real, he looks sooo real :P


Playing some golf with Tiger Woods


Hanging out with the Jolie-Pitts... lol I felt so short, surprised that the museum would have jolie and pitt AND put them together... wow... now that's keeping up with the news!


Now.... I REALLY felt short... no no.. wait, I mean FUN SIZED...



After mucking around the museum, we got really hungry, soo...

High tea at Haagen Daz, the ice cream was sooo good, eventhough we had to line up and wait for an hour

FINALLY,

a ferry ride, it cost like less than NZ$2!!!! AND it was 'first class' too... now that's public transport! Freaking ferry in NZ costs $7 ONE WAY...

No comments: