Saturday, January 26, 2008

Starstruck in Taiwan

What started out as an innocent family holiday in Taiwan, quickly became a crazed/stalker/obsessive fan search for one of Taiwan's hottest male actor and fellow Fahrenheit band member, Wu Chun :P

Probably doesn't help that there are cardboard cutouts of him everywhere. Now I always imagined meeting him would be somewhere along the lines of this:

"Glasses? for me? aww..."

Funny thing was, we were making such a huge fuss over the cardboard cutouts that the owner came out and gave us posters. For free :P
Not that we were attempting to steal the cutouts or anything... *shifty eyes*

More fantasising followed :P

"Food? For me?"
Ahh, my dad was less than impressed, his comment: "Like asking for money only"
Shopgirl probably thought so too, since she was laughing at us from inside the shop.

Now, I think someone somewhere must have sympathised with my pathetic attempts to meet Mr Wu Chun that they intervened.

Just so happened that we passed by a town where Fahrenheit was going to be performing/autographing ^_^

Getting all hyped up and excited :P

AND THEN after TWO hours of WAITING:

First Glimpse :P

Oh and did I mention that we took the opportunity to network whilst waiting? hehe, we made friends with the Producer (ie person in charge) ;)

Normally, it costs TW$100 per person to shake their hands (no posters due to technical errors) My sis and I got a 2 for 1 deal :P I think in NZ$ that was less than $4!
I can't catch the bus here on $4, let alone meet actors/singers/bands!
The irony of it all.

AND there was more:

He told Wu Chun and EVERYONE that we came all the way from NZ to see him. >< I think he called our names at least 3 or 4 times.

Admidst all the screaming girls, I felt bad that I didn't have the necessary/compulsory fan made poster board of his head to hold up when he said all of that :S

I knew I should have stolen the cardboard cutout when I had the chance!

BEST QUOTE from Wu Chun:
He actually said: "ni men chi le ma (Have you eaten?) Yi ding yao chi ah (must eat you know)"
Now this would have been ok except it was 3pm

Snide comment from my hungry dad: "When you have nothing better to say, it's better to say nothing at all"

HAND SHAKING TIME:

All I got was a photo of my butt... O.o

He did ask my sister to "jia you" (add oil)

Tried as we might, none of us could decipher what he meant by that comment...

THEN we passed a 7-Eleven


All he said made sense.

Meaning no. 1: Eat because 7-Eleven is OPEN 24/7
Meaning no. 2: add the oil as seasoning

Ah-ha!

Sneaky endorsement/advertising! And my dad thought he had nothing better to say!



1 comment:

Ying Swan said...

OMG LYNN LAI!! YOU MET FERENHEIT??? OMG.. Wu Chun!! OMG.. Da Dong!!!! I love them. hahahaha.. they can't sing well but they're damn funny. hahahaha

Lucky lucky you. anyways, i'm off to msia this Friday. Catch up with you when I'm back ya.

Take care. Hugs.