Friday, August 04, 2006

My guitar


Gosh.. it felt so familiar.. I haven't played in ages.. I just started listening to tears in heaven by Eric Clapton and I had this overwhelming urge to go and play, and play I did. And it felt so familiar. And I remembered the smell of my guitar, the strings, the sound, it was heartbreakingly familiar, to think that I had ignored it for so long. In that instant, I was back in the practice room, having my lesson as if it was yesterday. Like so long ago. I guess that's why I haven't played for so long, it reminded me of home. And everytime I played, it reminded me of home and how far away that was. Made me feel sad. Explains why I kept it hidden for so long. I just forgot about it. How could I? But it was so familiar, it fit, it was just beautiful, in that moment, I felt home.

No comments: